1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Leveling Kit questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by SargeZ71, Feb 6, 2012.

1. SargeZ71

SargeZ71 Member

i just put a leveling kit on my z71....now my rear sits visibly lower than my front...what should i do? leave it or put something in the rear?

Thanks in advance
  2. PearlWhiteLTZ

PearlWhiteLTZ Rockstar

I had the same issue...Readylift 2.25 in the front gave it an agressive pre-runner style stance..But not what i wanted..So I did their block kit in the rear...Level and mean...1/2 hour to install both sides..Truck stands like a 2500 now.
  3. SargeZ71

SargeZ71 Member

thanks LTZ....ill order that today...i hate how its sitting currently....and i did 33's with 2.5 inch on the front and i have a tire rub...i didnt think that would remotely be an issue
  4. CobraAviTek

CobraAviTek Member

I took the 2" blocks from my old 2003 Silverado and used them to replace the 1.25" rear blocks in my 2012 Sierra. I had put in a 2.5" level kit up front and I knew it was going to be about a 1/4 inch higher up front and didn't want that. With the 2" block in back, I have a slight rake of half an inch to .75". I like the stance and the look way better that way. I'm lucky, I didn't have to order them, I already had them after installing the mild lift on the old Silverado, my dad said he was going to keep the truck the way I had it so he told me to keep the blocks that I took off the truck.
  5. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I ran the ReadyLift 2.25 and 2" rear blocks & 33's before I lifted. Makes for a really "mean" looking 1500 IMO