Leveling Kit questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by SargeZ71, Feb 6, 2012.

1. SargeZ71

SargeZ71 Member

i just put a leveling kit on my z71....now my rear sits visibly lower than my front...what should i do? leave it or put something in the rear?

Thanks in advance

2. PearlWhiteLTZ

PearlWhiteLTZ Rockstar

I had the same issue...Readylift 2.25 in the front gave it an agressive pre-runner style stance..But not what i wanted..So I did their block kit in the rear...Level and mean...1/2 hour to install both sides..Truck stands like a 2500 now.

3. SargeZ71

SargeZ71 Member

thanks LTZ....ill order that today...i hate how its sitting currently....and i did 33's with 2.5 inch on the front and i have a tire rub...i didnt think that would remotely be an issue

4. CobraAviTek

CobraAviTek Member

I took the 2" blocks from my old 2003 Silverado and used them to replace the 1.25" rear blocks in my 2012 Sierra. I had put in a 2.5" level kit up front and I knew it was going to be about a 1/4 inch higher up front and didn't want that. With the 2" block in back, I have a slight rake of half an inch to .75". I like the stance and the look way better that way. I'm lucky, I didn't have to order them, I already had them after installing the mild lift on the old Silverado, my dad said he was going to keep the truck the way I had it so he told me to keep the blocks that I took off the truck.

5. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I ran the ReadyLift 2.25 and 2" rear blocks & 33's before I lifted. Makes for a really "mean" looking 1500 IMO