1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Leveling kit + rear block or 4 inch lift ? also tire ?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by cain73, Nov 22, 2012.

1. cain73

cain73 New Member

Let me apologize in advance, I know a lot of people get tired of these types of threads, but I've read and researched many and still have questions. I have a 2010 Z71 crew cab. I've finally worn my tires to a point where I can get rid of them without feeling like I'm throwing away money, and I have a bonus check coming.
    I know with a leveling kit you can fit 33" tires, but I need to clarify that. I know just under an inch size eg. 32.8 is usually called 33" and there are a few different size that exceed 33" eg. 33.2, 33.6, and 33.7. knowing that which is the largest I can fit (width and diameter) with stock rims under the level kit/block combo with 1/2" spacers, and the largest under the 4" lift - both with stock rims ?

I like the Nitto trail grapplers 275/70/18 (33.62 diameter) will they fit level kit? I assume they will fit 4" lift

I also like the BFG's 305/65/18 (12.2 wide 33.7 Diameter) will these fit with level kit ? I assume these will fit also with 4" lift

I'm not opposed to some trimming, but want it within reason. Can I fit the 305/65/18's with a level kit with some trimming ?

I don't do a ton of offroading, but I do some as well as some towing. any downfalls to either set up ?

I know this is very specific, I'm hoping someone has experience with tires like these with these setups to let me know if they will in fact fit (other than theory). I appreciate any help.
  2. Greatwhitej

Greatwhitej New Member

A 275/70/18 will fit onr your truck with a level. You may have to do some trimming of plastic, but nothing major; you may not have to do anything trimming whatsoever. With the 305/65/18 being almost 1.5 wider than the previous tire, you may have certain rubbing(especially if youre not on stock wheels and/or have spacers), but depending on which level you go with. If you were going to the bigger tire then i would go with a higher level such as ~2.5. If money isnt a problem for you then i would definitely go with the 4" . They're advertised as a four inch lift, but from what ive seen most get ~5 from the kit and it looks perfect to me.
  3. cain73

cain73 New Member

Another component to the question........ I know with rims with a different offset can make it possible to better fit tires.. so if I went with the level kit and rear block with aftermarket rims how much difference (if any) can that make in the tires that will fit ?
  4. Greatwhitej

Greatwhitej New Member

Stock backspacing works very well with fitting larger tires. IF you were going to get after market wheels, then a positive offset would be best. The more negative offset you go, the more the tires stick out and have a greater chance of rubbing. Stock backspacing for these trucks are 6" with +31 offset.
    Also here's a backspacing chart to help you out. It's helped me out quite a bit.
    Just look at your wheel width and the offset and it gives you the back spacing.
    [​IMG]