Leveling Kit Suggestions

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by LB'07-Z, Aug 18, 2011.

1. LB'07-Z

LB'07-Z Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey guys, needing some help on deciding what brand leveling kit to go with for my 07 nbs. I've been reading on here about some of the different brands. Just wanting some suggestions on whats best and ride comfort. Thanks in advance!

2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I really liked my ReadyLift. Kind of pricey.

3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Is it the Classic body style,'03-'07 or the NNBS '07-'11? Reason I ask is because the front suspensions are different.

4. LB'07-Z

New body so I know I need strut spacers instead of keys

5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

OK, just checking. I had keys in my '05 so I don't have experience with the NNBS, from what I've read since it just uses a spacer the ride is not affected, hopefully some of the NNBS guys will chime in. I think hardware and materials have a bearing on what is the "best" kit.

6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I like ReadyLift or the Adjustable front Bilstein shock/strut.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Since its a '07 it most likely needs new shocks/strut. If you buy the Bilstein you get a new shock/strut and a leveling kit.

7. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Readylift 2.25 inch leveling kit is the best on the market.. just pricey.

8. LB'07-Z

thanks for the info what would cause it need new shock/strut?... Is there a way I can tell if it needs them?

9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Most factory shocks are only good for about 40,000 miles at the most. They go bad slowly so you don't notice till you install new shocks/struts and then you realize how bad they where.

10. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey man you can still use the stock shocks for the leveling kit because it will NOT change the ride comfort until you lift it. The Readylift is Non-Adjustable Strut Extension Leveling Kit - 2.25" Front Lift and you can run 33 11.50's is max tire size without rubbing. The kit in a easy install and no cutting drilling or swapping parts out at all. If you feel you need to buy shock's you could buy some Exspensive ones or cheap one's what ever your budget is but bilsteins are one of the best shocks for the price..