Leveling Kit

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by jeffsZ71, Aug 22, 2013.

1. jeffsZ71

jeffsZ71 New Member

IMAG0017.jpg I'm thinking of putting a 2" leveling kit on my truck. Does anyone have any cons for this? Will it void my warranty in any way or cause early wear to front end?
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member

I have the 2" Rough Country leveling kit...it was 65 bucks or so and i love it!...will not void warrenty and if you stay under 2.5" of lift with a leveling kit,you shouldnt see any early wear
  3. jeffsZ71

jeffsZ71 New Member

Thanks for the info. Do you have a photo with the lift kit?
  4. ajarman

ajarman New Member

X2. I went with ReadyLift for my level, but they all do the same thing.
  5. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member

Here ya go...

Family%20069.jpg Family%20070.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

My front lower dam is off also...
  6. JimmyA

JimmyA Member

I added the ReadyLift kit to mine and had the alignment done! The ReadyLift product was milled aluminum, fit was great and I expect it to last a lifetime. I mounted the kit myself after watching the video on their site, Very Easy.
  7. ajarman

ajarman New Member

ChevyBoy2009 I am so jelly of your colormatched front....and those busted ball joints. :lol:
  8. dougtexas

dougtexas New Member

I used the readylift kit too. ended up having a shop install because I couldn't get the torsion bars to release...had to bring it there anyway for the alignment. Leveling out the my suburban gave it a nice look.
  9. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member

Colormatched makes it stand out i think...those busted ball joints are what really sets the truck off tho
  10. ajarman

ajarman New Member

I have looked on rockauto and cant find the busted ones. Going to try ebay now.