Leveling kit

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Burden33, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Im looking at getting a leveling kit for my 2008 crew cab 4x4 i was looking at a 2.25" leveling kit. will this kit have my font end up more then my back.

2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

nope, it will look pretty good and level after that

3. Burden33

thanks pete ill be ordering the kit tonight thanks for the help

4. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have an 09 silverado and really want a leveling kit, PLEASE let me know how yours turns out with all the details (where you got it, how easy it was to install, size, any other need to knows), thanks!

5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

6. BradG

BradG New Member

How much more will the new torsion keys give to a 2006 1500 z71 if the stock keys are maxed out.

7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I cranked my stock keys as far as I could go and gained 1 inch of lift, at that point the passenger side adjustment bolt was bottomed out while the driver side still had room to go but of course the truck would have been leaning to one side! I drove the truck this way for a while just to see how the ride was affected, and I can tell you it wasn't very good it made the front end "floaty". As intended from the start I replaced the stock keys with the Pro Comp leveling kit (which is just 2 new re-indexed keys and shorter than stock adjustment bolts) and this gave me 2.5 inches of lift over the stock keys at the factory adjustment.There is enough adjustability to set the Pro Comp keys between 2.25 and 2.75 of lift, but based on my experience,no more or no less. If you want adjustability you could go with the Suspension Max MAXX CAM system which offers adjustable keys.It's a little more pricey, around $250, whereas my kit was only $170. I chose the Pro Comp kit because I didn't need the adjustment capability and they seemed like a good quality product, some of the keys I've seen on E-bay for $99 look like junk in my opinion. In addition the ride with the Pro Comp keys was much better, stiffer than the factory ride, but not too harsh, more like a truck should feel!
    Here are links to the 2 kits I mentioned and the thread I posted on my install, hope this helps. :great:

http://www.suspensionmaxx.com/
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20538
    http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?category|category_root|-30=Suspension&attribute_value_number

8. BradG

BradG New Member

i appreciate it that helped a lot. the guy that im goin to get to put them on has some in stock at his shop i aint sure wat kind they are but i need to find out. i got the stock keys maxed out but it just still dont look level so thats why im tryin to find somethin else to do.

9. Burden33

well my kit is ordered i gto it from national four wheel drive they were really good to deal with the only thing holding up my kit if my fathers rims he got for his truck soon as i get the kit on ill take pics and post them im also getting 33" tires for it which is suppose to fit to the guy i was talking the name of the lift is a superlift

10. 08crocCheyenne

08crocCheyenne New Member

the 2.25 leveling kit will leave your truck perfect it left mine close to almost perfect.