1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Leveling Kit

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by iPublicEnemy47, Jun 11, 2009.

1. iPublicEnemy47

iPublicEnemy47 New Member

2. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP New Member

which kit are you lookin at?the link sent me to a list of em
  3. iPublicEnemy47

4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts

I'm not real familiar with the 2WD kits but it looks comparable to some of the ones I've seen, there's really not much to them, just a spacer so I would think you can't go wrong which ever one you decide on, maybe some of the 2WD guys will chime in!
  5. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP New Member

that looks like it should work perfect.
  6. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts

to even out your truck.

you want to buy 2 in drop shackles

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?category|category_root|-30=Suspension&category|cat_-30|373=Lowering+Parts&canned_results_trigger=&partfamilyid=5310

i think my dad ordered his from autozone i dont remember theyre only like 50 buks and it will even out your truck from the back.

Its also an easy install, ill guide you through the installation if you need too, even though theres instructions lol.

thats all you need. If you have anymore question feel free to reply or pm me.
  7. Moshbmx1

Moshbmx1 New Member

Finallly found a forum that has some useful information! I have been looking into lowering the rear of my 2wd as well. Thats the kit that I have been looking at. Will I need to replace my bump stops when I put in the shackles? Dont want the threadjack but it may be useful information for the original poster as well.
  8. iPublicEnemy47

I wanna even out my truck but not drop it :great:
  9. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts

that will even out your truck. trust me

or do you wanna lift it from the front?

Also moshbmx, you wont have to replace the bump stops, your still to high to be anywhere near your frame. You wont bottom out.
  10. iPublicEnemy47

I just wanna lift the front end.