1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Leveling Kit

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Texashoopty, Nov 12, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Texashoopty

Texashoopty New Member

I am new to the forums, and while searching I have notice a lot vehicle specs showing "Leveling Kit". Is there any advantage to this, or is it just a cosmetic appearance preference?

2. MAsZ71

MAsZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

:sign0016: I did mine for 2 reasons...First, I like the look of the truck sitting level. Secondly, I want to increase the size of my next set of tires. The lift in front allows this increase.

Again...WELCOME to the site!!!:great:

3. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

I think the main purpose of a leveling kit is for appearance, but as Mark stated above, it can also help with stuffing some bigger tires under there. It's amazing how much of a difference it can make in the look of your truck. My leveling kit only boosted my front end 1.5", and it made a huge difference.

4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Leveling kits are an inexpensive way to give your truck a more "aggressive" looking stance as opposed to the "nose in the dirt" factory setup. Most of them give you anywhere from 1-3 inches of lift at the front end which gives the ability to fit a larger tire inside the wheel well. Kits are either a spacer or re-indexed torsion keys depending on the suspension you have on your truck.:glasses: