Leveling Kit

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Texashoopty, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Texashoopty

Texashoopty New Member

I am new to the forums, and while searching I have notice a lot vehicle specs showing "Leveling Kit". Is there any advantage to this, or is it just a cosmetic appearance preference?

2. MAsZ71

MAsZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

:sign0016: I did mine for 2 reasons...First, I like the look of the truck sitting level. Secondly, I want to increase the size of my next set of tires. The lift in front allows this increase.

Again...WELCOME to the site!!!:great:

3. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

I think the main purpose of a leveling kit is for appearance, but as Mark stated above, it can also help with stuffing some bigger tires under there. It's amazing how much of a difference it can make in the look of your truck. My leveling kit only boosted my front end 1.5", and it made a huge difference.

4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Leveling kits are an inexpensive way to give your truck a more "aggressive" looking stance as opposed to the "nose in the dirt" factory setup. Most of them give you anywhere from 1-3 inches of lift at the front end which gives the ability to fit a larger tire inside the wheel well. Kits are either a spacer or re-indexed torsion keys depending on the suspension you have on your truck.:glasses: