leveling kits

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by crisvic23, Jun 28, 2008.

1. crisvic23

crisvic23 New Member

I have an 05 sierra 4.3 L V6, I want to level it. However I don’t know if it is possible since it is a V6. If I was to level it, would it slow it down? And if it would slow it down, what could I do to get more HP? I also want bigger tires, what size tires could I get, if it was leveled? Also what would be a good brand to get for the leveling kit?

Sorry about all the ?’s I know nothing about being a mechanic

2. GoFastPadre

GoFastPadre Rockstar 100 Posts

Howdy, If I have'nt already welcomed you tho the forum..........:sign0016::sign0016::sign0016:
    If you level the front end you should not see a performance loss, but if you put on bigger tires you will. I am guessing that you have 16 in wheels so you can go up to 285/75/R16. You will also have to recalibrate your speedo or you will burn your tranny up. I am almost positive that you could get a custom tune from www.nelsonperformance.com which would boost your hp and mileage. I would also suggest that you do a CAI afe, volant have true CAI's that do not use oiled filters, but there are many others to choose from. I had a K&N on my Sierra and loved it, but it does have an oiled filter. You could also do Headers with a high flow CAT. There are tons more stuff you can do as well. the cai and tune are the things I would do first. OH and System Maxx makes a leveling kit for your truck as well

3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

you can find leveling kits for your truck here rockymountainsusp.com . they will not affect your performance at all. i would say not to go bigger than a 285/75x16 tire either but for the 2wd i think id go with a 265/75x16 tire. as for performance the padre pretty much covered it