1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Leveling Kits

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 04Z71dude, Sep 6, 2010.

1. 04Z71dude

04Z71dude New Member

Hey Guys Im been thinking of a leveling kit. I was hoping to get some input from some of you that has installed or had one installed. Im wanting just a couple of inches of lift. I would appreciate any input you have.
  2. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?40637-The-official-lift-leveling-kit-page

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?47253-chosing-a-leveling-kit&highlight=leveling

These links should help you out. Especially the second one (if I understand what kind of input you're looking for). Also, if you search through the "Suspension Tech" forum, you should be able to find a wealth of information about leveling kits. Try using the search tool for more specific inquiries, too. If you have any other questions or need any other information, please let us know.
  3. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

not trying to ruin this for you but id stay away from the torsion key leveling kits. all the really do is hold the stock suspension at an extended point, usually almost bottomed out and it puts a lot of stress on the ball joints
  4. Chevy Newby

Chevy Newby Rockstar

hell I didn't know that, I will keep that in mind.
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

ChevyNewby, Bilstien make a adjustable front shock/strut for the NBS trucks that doesn't wear out the front suspension parts prematurely. It adjust from from stock up to 2.25".
  6. 04Z71dude

04Z71dude New Member

This the kind of input I was looking for. I wondered about the stress on parts. I saw the show trucks one sunday and they actually showed lifting a truck with torsion keys for extra clearance. they never said anything about extra wear on parts. Thanks guys.
  7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I installed my torsion keys over a year ago and couldn't be happier.
    [​IMG]
  8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I'll have my BILSTEIN levelling shocks on the front of my truck in 3 weeks.I'm also going to put a 2" readylift block in the back to replace the 1" stock block.I didn't want to screw up the suspension and possibly my warranty by putting the spacers on the springs.My BILSTEINS also carry a lifetime warranty.