leveling question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by SargeZ71, Feb 11, 2012.

1. SargeZ71

SargeZ71 Member

i put a leveling kit on my truck and now the rear sits visually lower than the front...

i dont even have the front all the way up....should i get a 1 inch block for the rear or a 2?

also is there anything anyone recommends specifically?

2. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Yup. Just get ya a Nascar single pump floor jack and put it under yer rear and jack it till it looks even.:neutral:

Seriously I was talking to a friend who had the same problem and he chose shock extenders. Not sure I would but we will see how they hold up.

3. BillM

BillM Rockstar 100 Posts

Sarge,

I don't know what kind of truck you have, nor the year?? I checked your profile, and there is no mention of your vehicle?

So, how can I answer your question?? What kind of leveling kit? Tweak the torsion bars up? Lower the rear?

4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

If it looks close go with a 1" block.

5. dedmon27

dedmon27 Rockstar 100 Posts

Assuming you have a 88-07 1500 you can turn your torsion bars all the way down. If you have a newer 1500 you can wait cause the front might settle a little.

6. SargeZ71

SargeZ71 Member

sorry its a 2005 z71 crew cab...i did a level kit on the front and it sits id say two inches higher than the rear...i think i need like 2 inches in the back...just wondered what anyone would recommend.

7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  8. SargeZ71

SargeZ71 Member

thanks adam for the info i appreciate it.