Leveling questions

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Tdaz250, Apr 29, 2009.

Newest Photos

1. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 New Member 100 Posts

Hey everyone I have a question about lifting or leveling my truck. I have a 2000 Z71 silverado and the front is alot lower then the back. Now I want to level the front but what I don't want to happen is when I go to tow something have the back go down and the front stay up. It looks stupid. So I guess my question is is there any kind of new shocks or something I can get so that the front stays up when driving and doesn't stay up if I go to tow something ? Does fabtech make anything for my situation ?
  2. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 New Member 100 Posts

the best suggestion that i would say is put levelin keys in the front and add them air bags in the back they make for when towing heavy loads. just my opinion though.
  3. ippielb

ippielb New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Rough Country makes a leveling kit for $189 which i'm going to be buying right away, and i'll be towing a cattle trailer, so if i get it and install it before you decide on purchasing something, so i'll let you know. Air bags would be another good option.
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Is your truck 2WD, or 4WD?(Coil springs or torsion bars in front)
  5. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have a ProComp level kit and pull an 8,000 pound trailer. The trailer doesn't drop the rear so bad that it's a big deal but I am still getting air bags installed.
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would use the suspensionmaxx adjustable torsen keys in the front and add the rear airbags fo when you tow if needed.
  7. ricodog77

ricodog77 New Member

Installed Airlift 1000s in the rear coil springs on my Tahoe. Very affordable. Install was super easy, about 45 minutes. Would take longer if you're putting in a compressor, I just ran a line to my rear bumper. I leave them at 5 psi for normal driving (a little stiffer ride) and I pump them to 35psi when I hitch up my 8k lb TT. The drop is significantly less with them and it doesn't drop when I accel. I'll probably put in a leveling kit shortly when my tires wear out, to put on a little wider shoes for trailering. Hope that helps.
  8. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP New Member 100 Posts

9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Your pick-up has rear leaf springs and not coil springs so installing rear air bags will take longer than on a Tahoe with coil springs.