1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Liberty Mutual? Or Allstate?

Discussion in 'Car Insurance Reviews' started by JRD761, Apr 15, 2011.

1. JRD761

JRD761 Rockstar 100 Posts

I've had Allstate for the past 4 years with various vehicles.. but lately, I've been getting a bad feeling about them and am looking to switch.
    (I've never had to use my insurance at all.. never had any problems, never had any accidents or tickets.. Yet, my rates never seem to get any lower, only go up a couple bucks every 6 months.
    And, the one time that I was going to use them, they gave me a hard time.. basically, someone backed into my truck and messed up my bumper. They didn't leave any information, and I had no clue who did it. I have always had uninsured motorist, and recently my truck was backed into in a parking lot. The other driver didn't leave their information, they just took off.. and when I singed up with Allstate, they said stuff like this would be covered without a deductible or me having to pay anything.. Well, that wasn't true. They were trying to get my $500 out of me because the claims adjuster said it wasn't covered by uninsured motorist.. My truck was rear-ended a couple days later, so I got a new bumper from the other person's insurance.. lol.)

The only other company that could get me a rate that was close to Allstate was Liberty Mutual. They are giving me an 1-year quote that's $5 more than what Allstate would charge me in a year.. But, I don't know much about them or what they're like..
    Anyone?

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I've never had Allstate for vehicle insurance but I have had Liberty Mutual, if I was in the position that I had to choose I'd go with Allstate.
    I had a very bad experience with Liberty Mutual a few years back, they sent me a letter stating I was covered, my Premiums wouldnt be raised, and my ins. wouldnt change at all when I moved from Georgia to Virginia.
    A month after that I was hit by an uninsured driver, I notified Liberty Mutual and 3 days later they sent me a letter convieniently dated 7 days earlier that they would not cover uninsured motorists from the date on the letter forward.
    I spent the next 5 months fighting them for payment and finally won in arbitration, it took them another 6 months to actually issue me a check.

3. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm currently with GEICO. They're cheaper than anyone else around and covered a chip in my windshield after I had the truck a few months. No cost to me (due to glass coverage). My favorite though is AMICA. They're expensive, which is the downside, but the friendliest people over the phone, and in 10 years I never had an issue with them. Unfortunately, I had to switch to GEICO due to the cost difference, but I've been happy with them so far. I recently did Progressive's online, but GEICO was still cheaper.

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Have had Allstate for years. However, we use them to insure our house, cars, and motorcycles from time to time, thus our rates are great. We have only filed one claim with them in 8 years (a refrigerator water filter froze and cracked thus leaking water on both our main floor and basement), and they did a great job responding. Additionally, they sent GE a letter regarding problem and GE reimbursed Allstate and our deductible, thus no out of pocket costs at all for the water damage. Our experience with Allstate has been great and we pay very competitive rates.

5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2 on Geico.. Never a problem with them. The guy even has an office in the Body shop I use (Valanca) and when I got into a little Fender bender in the Bronx ($1800) I took it right to the shop and had it all back in 1 week..With the New Custom hood nothing out of Pocket...