1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

license plate bracket removal

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by BigrRed18, Jan 2, 2012.

1. BigrRed18

BigrRed18 Rockstar

ive got a 2010 chevy and the only way i can remove the brackets is by drilling them out. any ideas on how i could fill in the holes left behind?? thanks!!!
  2. hunky

hunky Rockstar 100 Posts

I've used the plastic push in (christmas tree type) fasteners. Nice round top and can be painted if necessary.
  3. BigrRed18

BigrRed18 Rockstar

How did you get them to stay in place?
  4. JnBama

JnBama Active Member 3 Years 500 Posts

You may find something in the fastener/nuts and bolt section at Auto Zone or other stores . Maybe get a small tube of bondo or some type of filler using something behind the holes for backing till dry .
  5. hunky

hunky Rockstar 100 Posts

Just push them in,the plastic barbs pop back out and hold the "stud" in place. Probably 15 or 20 on your truck already, holding door panels,plastic parts,etc in place. They come in lots of sizes and are easy to remove if you ever want the plate back.