1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lift 2500 Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Corso, Jan 1, 2012.

1. blackmonte

blackmonte New Member

Man that's a sweet Suburban!!!
  2. Kraziken

Kraziken Rockstar 100 Posts

Anyone notice the newer generation trucks seem taller? My mom's boyfriend has a newer generation Ford F150. I have a 4" lift on my Burb. And parked next to the F150, it seems the F150 is just as tall.
  3. blackmonte

blackmonte New Member

Yeah that is true, Even my 2500hd with 33s on it was the same height as the F150s .My F250 sits up there though:happy:
  4. TMair

TMair Member

Just wondering, is there a reason for lifting the front more then the back?
    Thanks Terry
  5. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

On the trucks the tail end of the truck sits higher so when the truck is loaded the truck sits level. So the rear of the truck doesn't need as much lift to level out the truck.
  6. TMair

TMair Member

So if you wanted to lift it, but you still wanted/needed to carry loads probably be best to lift the front and the rear the same, is this correct?
    Terry
  7. blackmonte

blackmonte New Member

Yeah that's what I did 1" rear blocks & keys in front , still lifted with a small rake in the rear With Bilsteins
  8. Naptime

Naptime Rockstar 100 Posts

It was on when I got it. Pro Comp 6.
  9. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That is a really nice looking truck!!!
  10. Naptime

Naptime Rockstar 100 Posts

What, that old thing? Thanks!
    I still love it.