1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lift and Bigger Tires

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 2010SilverTE, Nov 20, 2010.

1. 2010SilverTE

2010SilverTE New Member

Does anyone know what to recommend on lifting a 2010 2wd Silverado for bigger tires without spending big bucks? I do want a higher ride but nothing drastic just enough to climb into it?
  2. chucknorris

chucknorris Rockstar 100 Posts

well it depends on how high and what size tires you want... if you don't want to jump in, id suggest just a leveling kit with 33s. The leveling kit will raise your front end about 2-2.5 inches, and the tires another 2 or 3 so overall its about a 5-6 inches higher. so it'll put a beefy stance on it. if you search leveling kit you should be able to find some pics of other members with leveling kits. if its not high enough maybe a 3 inch body lift or 4 inch suspension, its up to you there are a lot of options. but price wise... leveling kit would be the most bang for your buck in my opinion. but a 3 inch body lift is usually cheap and easy to install.
  3. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

X2 on what chucknorris said.I have Bilstein 2" levelling shocks on the front and replaced my 1" stock block with a 2" READYLIFT block kit in the rear on my truck.I plan on putting 33" rubber on next spring.When all is said and done i will have raised the front of my truck by 4" and the rear by 3" which by the sounds of your post may be what your looking for.
  4. MPC-Silverado

MPC-Silverado Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I can get you a Rough Country leveling kit for $62 plus shipping. if that is something you interested in please let me know. I can explain to you how to instal it, i even have a video its very simple. and some pics too

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

it will lift the front end to match the rear height... gives you about 2" of lift
  5. GrizzlyTN

GrizzlyTN Rockstar 100 Posts

chucknorris said it right, I got a Rough Country 3" lift with Nitto Mud 33's and it's about 6 inches total. I'm 5ft11 and have to swing in using the steering wheel but it looks beefy with a wide stance.

[​IMG]
  6. 2010SilverTE

2010SilverTE New Member

Thank you. I was out checking on custom truck shops in the area and I had some price quotes for this leveling kit. It went from $450 to $750 installed total. Do you think the higher priced one was ridiculous? I did. But then the lower priced shop told me that I needed to have the truck aligned after they installed the kit. Is that unusual as well? This is with the new tires and wheels. Does it make a diffrence? Thanks!
  7. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

we too are our 2WD 2010 new owners-----------I kinda like the height we ggot as stock, as we have a Z85 Suspendion package on ours. It is the same height as 4WD Z71's, but whatever you do to yours, I am sure you will like it higher.
  8. MPC-Silverado

MPC-Silverado Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

well i think that 750 is very over priced for the instal. instal time is 1 hour on my kit. even at a shop an hour is about $90. the kit costs about $62 from me. then about 70-150 for a front end alignment depending on where you go.... at most id say ashop can charge you 2 hours but thats still over kill...

or you can instal it your self. i have detailed instruction, and a video showing exactly what to do. all you need is a jack (and stand for safty) and a basic set of tools
  9. crawfordguard

crawfordguard New Member

I have a 7" lift with 35" tires and I pretty much have to get a running start to get up into it :)
    But since you don't want something that tall I would definitely go with with around a 3"-4" suspension lift with 33" tires. Don't even waste your time with body lifts because they look horrible if its over an inch or two.
    From experience I would definitely spend the extra money on nicer suspension and tires because in the end it is completely worth it to spend the extra cash.