Lift brand and difference in tire clearance

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Pruett, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Pruett

Pruett New Member

Ok so Im sure I could dig up an answer to this question in old threads, but its taking me longer than expected. Im currently looking for a lift that will clear 315x75x16 tires. Rancho's 4 inch lift shows a max tire size of 35x12.50, while Rough Country's 6 inch lift shows a max of 35x12.50. Why is their a difference between tire clearance on different size lifts? Im assuming the Rancho 4 inch is actually bigger than is says, but honestly dont know enough about it. Any help with this question is greatly appreciated.
  2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

There are a few members such as [MENTION=37237]mfleetwood[/MENTION] that have the Rancho kit. They have said the kit is closer to a 5" kit than a 4" one. The offset of your rims will also effect the tire size options also. Some kits call for a minimum offset to be able to run a certain tire. So before you take the leap I would highly suggest your read the "fine print" when it comes to rims/tires. With that being said I would say get the Rancho kit. I have used there stuff on Jeeps and relly liked the products. The few members on here who have it also speak highly of it also.
  3. Pruett

Pruett New Member

Well I found in the "fine print" that the minimum offset is 4.5. My plan was to keep my stock wheels, but Im guessing that wont work will it? I really didnt want to buy wheels too, and honestly I havent seen a wheel I like better than my stock set. I care more about tires than wheels.
  4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

I am not sure what the factory off set is. Maybe someone else does. I believe the mfleetwood still has his stockers on his truck.
  5. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

yes you can keep your factory wheels but you will need at least a 1.25" wheel spacer i would run a 4.5" since you wont have to trim your wheels studs
  6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

Sorry for the delay but yes, my lift ended up being slightly over 5"