Lift but Stock Ride

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by hotrodking86, Sep 14, 2011.

1. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey everyone,
    I have had a truck for a number of years but have always had older cars that I like to hot rod out. So needless to say my expertise in lifting trucks is pretty slim to none. This may sound like a dumb question to some but bare with me because I have no experience with lifts. Is it possible to lift my 2008 Silverado about an inch or 2 but still have the stock ride? I know that I will need to change suspension but I want to keep that smoothness, there is that old wise tale that if you lift than you will get a horrible ride and a lot o noise. I just want ot lift my truck to about the height of 4x4 trucks as mine is only 2x4. I also wonder if I was to level the front with the back with a leveling kit if that would indeed make me happy or not. I have seen leveled trucks and I like the way they look, but what are the pros and cons of it all and what is my best bet? I appreciate your help

2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you want the leveled out look and a great ride go with the 5100's. The ride might even be better than stock. From what I have heard all NNBS have the same ride height, just some come with smaller tires IE 245/70R17 rather than 265/65R18.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I would start with the Bilstein adjustable/leveling front shock to level the truck and the rear non-adjustable Bilstein shock.

4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

X3 on the Bilsteins!

5. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 Rockstar 100 Posts

I only have 35k miles, do you think its too early though to get new shocks. What about the level spacers things?

6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have a 6" lift on my truck and just replaced the shocks with Bilsteins in the hope of improving ride quality. Allow me to say they were worth every dollar I paid for them. The ride difference was THAT noticeable...

7. rshepard

rshepard New Member

i agree 5100's would be a good choice