1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lift but Stock Ride

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by hotrodking86, Sep 14, 2011.

1. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey everyone,
    I have had a truck for a number of years but have always had older cars that I like to hot rod out. So needless to say my expertise in lifting trucks is pretty slim to none. This may sound like a dumb question to some but bare with me because I have no experience with lifts. Is it possible to lift my 2008 Silverado about an inch or 2 but still have the stock ride? I know that I will need to change suspension but I want to keep that smoothness, there is that old wise tale that if you lift than you will get a horrible ride and a lot o noise. I just want ot lift my truck to about the height of 4x4 trucks as mine is only 2x4. I also wonder if I was to level the front with the back with a leveling kit if that would indeed make me happy or not. I have seen leveled trucks and I like the way they look, but what are the pros and cons of it all and what is my best bet? I appreciate your help
  2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you want the leveled out look and a great ride go with the 5100's. The ride might even be better than stock. From what I have heard all NNBS have the same ride height, just some come with smaller tires IE 245/70R17 rather than 265/65R18.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I would start with the Bilstein adjustable/leveling front shock to level the truck and the rear non-adjustable Bilstein shock.
  4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

X3 on the Bilsteins!
  5. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 Rockstar 100 Posts

I only have 35k miles, do you think its too early though to get new shocks. What about the level spacers things?
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have a 6" lift on my truck and just replaced the shocks with Bilsteins in the hope of improving ride quality. Allow me to say they were worth every dollar I paid for them. The ride difference was THAT noticeable...
  7. rshepard

rshepard New Member

i agree 5100's would be a good choice