Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Lift comparison

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by xjcrazed, Apr 27, 2009.

1. xjcrazed

xjcrazed New Member

One of the magazines did a comparison of nine or ten of the lift manufacturers not too long ago. They had them bring a truck that was lifted with their system and then put them all through a series of tests. Then they rated the lifts on several different criteria like value, ride, and off road capability and picked winners for each category as well as an all around winner. I can't for the life of me find this article again. Does anyone know what magazine did this comparison and where I can find it again?

Rob

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

The magazine was Petersons 4 Wheeler&Off-Road January 2007.

3. AJ's Sierra

AJ's Sierra Rockstar

who won the contest?

4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

i was gonna say petersons 4 wheel as well. I think CST won the contest if i recall correctly

5. silveradotrailblazer

There were several catagorys. Best bang for the buck-Superlift Best hauler-Rough Country Best in the sand/highspeed- CST Best light trail duty-CST Best priced-Trailmaster Most off-road worhty undercarriage--Rancho. The one item they didnt cover in this article was ease of install and fit. Also I was surprised that Fabtech didnt show up for test.

6. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Was BDS or Fabtech in the mix?

7. silveradotrailblazer

Lift comparisons

The kits in the article were, CST,Rancho,ProComp,Rough Country,RCD,Rock Krawler,Skyjacker, Superlift and Trailmaster. No Fabtech or BDS.

8. masterfoxscout

Interesting....

Wonder why that is?

9. silveradotrailblazer

Lift comparisons

I spoke to the Fabtech rep back then and he said they had other commitments at that time. Dont know about BDS.

10. masterfoxscout

That sucks. Two of the better companies out there and they didn't get in on the mix.