1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lift for 1999 Chevy Silverado???

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by sjorians1, Mar 22, 2009.

1. sjorians1

sjorians1 New Member

Hey I have a 1999 Chevy Siverado 4x4 extended cab with a 5.3 L V8. I am looking to put on a lift to be able to fit 35. I dont have a unlimited budget so i was wondering if anyone knew what would be the cheapest way to fit 35s but still look clean?? Whether it be a combination of suspesion, block or body lift?? If yall woul let me know i would appreciate it thanks!
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You can put a 3 inch body lift and fit 35's. and not worry about rubbing.

With coil spacers i dont think you could go bigger than a 33
  3. sjorians1

sjorians1 New Member

thanks anyonelse got any suggestions?
  4. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I second the body lift. It would be the most cost effective and will give you the clearance you need. You may need to level the front to have 35's fit though.
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

lift kit for 1999 chevy silverado

If you have a 1500 4x4 35s will not clear with just a 3inch body lift. A 2500 with 3inch body lift will clear 35s with 8inch rims. I have 05 15004x4 with 6 inch lift with 17x9 wheels and the 35s are close. Yoy can fit 33s with body lift and some minor trimming. Every truck is a little differant. If you go to some of the suspension lift companies like Skyjacker they have tire charts on there websites.
  6. Trask215

Trask215 Rockstar 100 Posts

One thing to consider is with a body lift, you will be stretching the wiring harness and stuff. If you do any off roading you will need to be careful. A friend of mine had a truck with a 3" body lift and flexed his truck a little on a trail, ultimately ripping all the wires out of the headlights, tailights, etc... I am generally not a fan of body lifts anyways. Good luck
  7. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would say do the leveling keys and a 2 inch body lift, you may not be able to go 35 but 33 should fit just fine. If this is just for the look this would be better. If you truely want to start off roading then you need to do a full suspension lift.
  8. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you're looking for suspension lift, rough country has a 6" suspension lift for $999.
  9. sjorians1

sjorians1 New Member

thanks for the post anyone else got any prices on suspension lifts?