1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

lift gate

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by J'sDenali, May 25, 2008.

1. J'sDenali

J'sDenali New Member

I'm wondering if anyone has taken apart their lift gate on a '08 Denali(garage door mishap):grrrrrr:...we want to try to 'pop out' the dent:gasp: before we pay an arm and a leg for someone else to do it... thanks
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

there are things out there that you can try like the Pops-A-Dent thing that may work. never really used it but it looks like it works well. how big is the dent?
  3. bigbrett

bigbrett New Member

is the panel creased.if not,try an old toilet plunger.wet the metal push it on and give a quick yank
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

5. collinsperformance

collinsperformance New Member

a plunger works great and some times if there are access hols a broom handle. if it is the plastic i even set the car in the sun on a hot day and hit the back with a good blast of compressed air and it will want to go back to the correct shape........mike
  6. J'sDenali

J'sDenali New Member

it doesn't matter....i got into an accident last night...some idiot turned left infront of me:slap:..it wouldn't even drive..my poor baby...i haven't even made my first payment