1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lift kit and leveling kit? nbs chevy

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by 08chevyz71, Feb 22, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. 08chevyz71

08chevyz71 New Member

I have a 08 chevy with a 7.5 rcx lift 3" pa body. was on fb today and on rimzones they have a 08 chevy on 38x13.5s. he has same as me but put a 2.5 rcx leveling kit on to. anybody got any opinions on this? id be scared to stack them. but truthfully with the lift already on my front end angles are stock so the leveling kit would just put the angles to be like a truck with a leveling kit right?
  2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I think you should be ok as far as angles go. The part that would worry me is the weight. The IFS isn't as strong as a solid axle. I would worry that the weight of those tires would wear the steering and other components.
  3. 08chevyz71

08chevyz71 New Member

Yea I'm to scared to try it. Its hard to believe ESP wen I look like I barely clear my 35s. I used rc recomended backspacing but I think it was wrong
  4. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member 100 Posts

Are you sure that your truck is sitting at the factory angles (only higher up)? Most suspension lifts will actually level out a truck.
  5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Honestly, I wouldn't run larger than 35s on a 1/2 ton truck. The IFS was never meant to handle tires that big and you'll wear through suspension components even faster with 38s. You already said you have 10.5" of lift and barely clear 35s, if it were me, I wouldn't go an bigger.
  6. 08chevyz71

08chevyz71 New Member

Yes they are at factory angles because it drops the diff and lower a arms then the upper a arm are put back to factory by steering spindles.. As for the not over 35s. That's my opinion to it'd kill the truck to have 38s I just wondered if I was thinking right
  7. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Dude, you already have a 2.5" level kit on your truck with not so good angles. No way in the world would you need to put another level kit on your truck unless you want to destroy your front end. If you will look at the front of your truck and notice your LCA's you will see they are not flat.
  8. 08chevyz71

08chevyz71 New Member

i dont have a leveling kit. im lifted.
  9. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Wrong. You have a 5 inch lift with a 2.5 inch level kit. That is what the RCX kit is made of.
  10. 08chevyz71

08chevyz71 New Member

how? i have one spacer not two.