1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lift Kit Ride Quality Question

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by OneWheelWonder, Oct 6, 2011.

1. OneWheelWonder

OneWheelWonder New Member

Have been doing a lot of research lately on the lifts everyone likes and dislikes and pretty much the only thing i hear from on the 5 & 7.5" lifts from RC is the ride quality is just piss poor. Which leads to my question. Regardless of the manufacture of the lift. Isn't the ride quality really dictated by the style shocks you were to run? I may be way off but well hey... that's why im asking.

Thanks

OWW
  2. Burden33

Burden33 New Member 100 Posts

Not really if u got a nnbs sine u keep ur stock truts and add spacers its more of tge angles of the front end
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The ride is a combo of the shocks and the engineering of the kit. With a NBS truck I'd spend the extra money on a Rancho kit. You won't regret it. The Rancho kit is advertised as a 4" lift, but it is really a 6" lift.
  4. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My Rancho kit rides really nice and like STB said it nets closer to 6 inches. I would say the Rancho kit rides as good if not better than my level kit.
  5. Burden33

with the nnbs i went with the fabtech 6" which actually measures out to 8" how ever that works. plus your front end angles are better then if your truck is stock
  6. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member 100 Posts

No, not entirely. The problem with the RC 7.5" kit is that it is really the 5" version with larger strut spacers and massive rear blocks. Basically the front end agnles are maxed out with that kit. Combine that with poor shocks and rear blocks that are too big and you get a truck that rides like a wagon. My BDS kit rides as good as stock and it's one of the best 6" kits out there. If I were to do it again, I would go with either Fabtech or FTS for completely flat angles. Then I would swap the strut spacer for some Bilstein 7-9" adjustables.
  7. Burden33

which bilstein shocks are the 7-9" adjustables black out
  8. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member 100 Posts

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  9. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Would those work on the RCX 7.5 inch kit? I know it says 7 inch but im just wondering because mine is 7.5 inch in the front?
  10. Burden33

Its for tge cognito 7" lift will this work with my fabtech kit