1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

lift kit/tire size

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by felonsalyer, Jan 5, 2009.

1. felonsalyer

felonsalyer New Member

I have a 2007 1500 Classic Z71 crew cab with 265/70/r17's. I wanted to make it a little bigger, but have no idea what to do to it. I ahve ssen the same truck with 285/70/r17's, but that didn't seem quite big enough. I was told that I can't go any bigger than 285/70/R17 without rubbing, so do I need to get a lift kit, if so how much of a lift, and what size tires could I throw on it? Thanks
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts

What do you primarily uuse the truck for, any off road, or towning??
    What size tire would you like to have on it???
    What tire do you want to go with also?

A leveling kit will allow you to get a much bigger tire than the stock height.
    Check out readylift.com for sizes on leveling kit

hope this helps
  3. Perault

Perault New Member

33s should fit fine...if you want to go up to 34" tire you will need a body lift unless you want to be cutting metal and molding plastic.
  4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

5. ridnrimz

ridnrimz New Member

so theres no 3" lift option for the older body style? I also have the 07 classic... but the site says 07-09 which makes me think that the RC 3" is only for the newest body style... if this would work with mine I'd do it for sure.
  6. lvz2ryd

lvz2ryd New Member

go with the Rancho kit. It is a bit spendy, but the best IMO.:great:
  7. BlackBetty350

BlackBetty350 New Member

I have an 88 GMC 1500 with a 3in body with 33 -12.50 - 15 and they dont rub. i want to crank my torsion bars up all the way and see if i can fit 35's. does anyone know if those would fit? i know a lot of people hate the torsion bar lift idea, but i dont care i want 35's and i m not spending the money on a lift.
  8. bigblue89GMC

bigblue89GMC New Member

i don't think they will fit. i have an 89 with a 6" susp. lift. maybe with some fender triming they could but it will be tight.
  9. BlackBetty350

BlackBetty350 New Member

but my 33's now dont even come close to rubbing.
  10. BlackBetty350

BlackBetty350 New Member

i have a lot of room still. without cranking the T bars