lift kit/tire size

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by felonslayer, Jan 6, 2009.

1. felonslayer

felonslayer New Member

I have a 2007 1500 crew cab z71, stock rims and tires (265/70/R17's), I want it a little biger, and going to 285/70/R17 isn't quite big enough. There's a black chevy at the bottom of this page http://www.ultimatetruckgear.com/, that I think is just the right size. Any ideas on how big of a lift that truck has, or would a leveling kit and bigger tires make that happen? I appreciate all the help

2. Perault

Perault New Member

Looks like a 3" lift with 35s to me

3. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

its the truck thats some times in the rocker pod advertisment on here.
    It looks like a 4 inch and prolly 35's

4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would say that looks like a 6" lift and 35's to me.

5. felonslayer

felonslayer New Member

thanks

thanks for the replies. I think I may just do a leveling kit and put the biggest tires on that'll fit. OR the 3" lift, I'll post some before pics here in the next few days, and the after in a month or so. Future mods are going to be cold air intake, headers, exhuast, and maybe brakes. Is there a way to change from rear drum to disc without changing out the whole rear end, I don't want the drum brakes in back to show thru the rims, I may just get rims that cover it all up, but drum brakes look like crap. Also, I have that steering column knock going on, mechanic says $200 to fix it....I think Chevy shold take care of it, but I'm 4k miles out of warranty.

On another note, RIP Norman Smith, one of Dallas's finest. He got killed last night serving a warrant in South Dallas. Would've had 18 years on the department today..