1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lift kit / type advice

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by RideHeavyINa_CHEVY, Nov 26, 2012.

1. lokalmotive

lokalmotive New Member

I've seen new Chevy's around here with 35x12.50R20 tires with little more than a leveling kit and some plastic trimming. They'll fit with just that leveling kit but will scrub unless you trim some. A 4" kit would be more than sufficient to clear a set of 35s.

Oh and welcome btw!!
  2. I assume that is with stock rims and trim and why a rancho? A little more than 4"?

I am sorry there is no way 35's fit on a leveling kit, 33's can though.
    ____
    If you do 35's with a 20" rims that has a decent negative backspacing and you dont want to trim I would do a 7" lift.

Example: Full Throttle Suspension 7" lift, Toyo Open Country A/T II 35/12.50/20, KMC XD 20" Diesel Rims
    [​IMG]
  3. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  4. lokalmotive

lokalmotive New Member

I guess I was misinformed by the guys I've talked to around here with what they say is just a leveling kit and some trimming to fit the 35s. They must not really have any idea what's been done to their trucks. Not surprising with some of the folks around here though. Lol.
  5. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts

I just know a few guys running the rancho kit on 35s with no rubbing. And yes rims with very close to stock back spacing. I'm looking to do this becuase I don't need another truck that's to high to fit in my gfs parking deck I hate leaving my vehicles outside her place. And with ifs I don't wanna stress my cvs to much with bad angles. How are the angles with the FTS lift? Picture?
  6. [​IMG]

Sorry for large picture. This is not the same truck as above but it is a 7" FTS with a small 1/4" top spacer. The CV's look pretty good with that kit. I understand the whole want to fit into the garage/ parking deck still, so its a tough call. If you keep the same backspacing I guess a 4" will do but more negative backspacing needs more trim or lift. Its just give and take.
  7. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts

Those are good looking angles. I'll most likely be keeping my stock rims for awhile and build my own lift for up front. Yea I have the problem with parking decks cuz my dodge is way to big to fit n anything and my cobras are to low to go over any speed bumps
  8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

***Thread moved here***

Welcome to the Club!