1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lift Kit??

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Ryan Medina, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Ryan Medina

Ryan Medina New Member

Ok, so I have a stock 08' Chevy 2500HD 6.0L, without a leveling kit on it currently. I want to level it, as well as put like a 3" lift on it. Do I need to buy a leveling kit & a lift kit, or can a lift kit simply do both? I am only looking at roughly a 3" lift or so. I have heard that after a certain height, you will have to do some extensive body mods on the struts and such. Also, what is the highest lift I can put on without having to completly change out other suspension parts?? I am a complete NOOB to all this. Lol. This is the 1st truck I have actually bought and am in the dark when it comes to all this. Any input will be greatly appreciated!

In addition, does anyone have any reccommendations and a good quality lift kit that is not going to break the bank? I have heard that Rough Country has a descent one....
  2. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

check out BDS
  4. SEMiller

SEMiller New Member

What makes the readylift better then the Rough Country leveling kit? They both have forged keys...
  5. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

No forged Keys, just machined aluminum shock spacers from READYLIFT for my year model. Rough Country spacers are not metal........
  6. Ryan Medina

Ryan Medina New Member

Ok, so I was looking around, and have seen 3 different options. I am going in a week to get new rims and tires and am not sure what to do. I have seen the "Leveling Keys", "Strut Spacers" and just cranking to torsion bars. What is the best way to do with less wear and tear on truck?