1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lift kits

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by erickirby12, Oct 27, 2013.

1. erickirby12

erickirby12 New Member

How much lift is to much lift
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Thats all up to you? What look are you looking for? What do you want in a lift? Looks, Ride, Wheel'in, Bigger tires? Less MPG's?
  3. erickirby12

erickirby12 New Member

I'm just looking tp see what others like I just want a 2" leveling kit
  4. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I say it depends on what else you plan on doing. If you put on a 6" lift and do nothing else. It will look silly and out of sink. I would like to go 4" but as of right now I have a 2.5 leveling. I have no rake what so ever. I like the that fine for now.
  5. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

The leveling kit was all I did on mine, it was all I wanted on this truck, I have gone big before, but dont want that anymore. I do still drool over a good lift and respect what they did to get it there.
  6. 95C1500

95C1500 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

With your truck, crank the torsion bars up a little. Then add a bock out back to level.
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

This is setup like a Jeff Foxworthy redneck joke.

If you're able to look straight into a 2nd floor Window ... from your pickup truck ... You might have too much lift.

If your local airport tells you that your truck is a hazard to low flying aircraft. ... You might have too much lift.

If astronauts orbiting the earth can see your truck with the naked eye ... You might have too much lift.
  8. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I guess it all comes down to what everyone wants in a lift my buddy got a leveling kit and he is fine with it another friend is sitting at a four inch lift and thinks its perfect my bro is at 7.5 and im about to move up to 9 on mine if I don't have it sold before the snow melts