1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lift or Lower

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Stealth, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Alright guys, I'm trying to decide between a 3.5" lift and 3"/4" drop, or just leaving it stock. What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. Z71 Coltman

Z71 Coltman Member

ive seen s-10s that look great either way. would you go with body or suspension lift?
  3. cowboyjarman

cowboyjarman Rockstar

im biased so dont listen to me.LOL
  4. I would go with the lift. If there is a suspension lift go with that, it looks better then a body lift.
  5. Chevyboy96

Chevyboy96 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

LIFT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:great:
  6. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

Non four wheel drive trucks shouldn't be lifted. Makes people look like posers. That's just my $0.02. Drop it and make it go fast ;)
  7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I would lift it with the fabtech lift spindles, and then get a helper spring for the back or add a leaf lol! I have seen a lot of guys at shows that had lowered s10s and rangers, and a few years later they were lifting them up. I personally think they ride terrible lowered, unless you have an air bag setup or something professional under it.

Meatier tires means softer smoother ride, low profile tires equals feeling every bump in the road.
  8. Big75

Big75 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

If you lift it, would you take it offroad? If so get a suspension lift and if not save a boat load of green and get the poser lift - nothin wrong with it! If you lower it, fill up those wheel wells with chrome!

I still vote lift.
  9. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I definitely will not be adding a body lift, and I have actually been considering going with a long-travel kit. I was looking at a CST kit that looked good, but I have never seen anyone using one before so i don't know how good they are. Thanks for commenting guys
  10. ahm1127

ahm1127 Rockstar 100 Posts

If you use off road I would raise it. Other wise leave it stock height with upgraded suspension & get bigger wheels & tires to give it lowered look. Add lots of power under the hood.