Lift questions

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Famousamos, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Famousamos

Famousamos New Member

Hey i have a 08 Silverado ext cab 2x4...i want to get a lift but not sure what company to go with..ive looked at fabtech cst pro comp and others but dont know what to choose. also it im not looking for a super hardcore life. mainly just a city/weekend offroad lift is what im looking for.

if anyone has any feed back id really appreciate it

lol sorry for spelling

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

BDS, Rancho and Skyjacker. All good quality,fit and work well.

3. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

How tall are you wanting to go and what size tires are you wanting to run? I would recommend BDS or Fabtech if you are looking for 6 inches with 35's.

4. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!

5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTruckClub!

6. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard.

7. Famousamos

Famousamos New Member

Thats exactly the setup im looking for.. 6 in lift with 35in tires...vie been looking at fabtech but vie gotten a lot of bad customer reviews
    s

8. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

The nice thing about Fabtech is that it drops your diff the full 6 inches so it gives you nice flat angles, so if you ever wanted to go a couple inches higher you could just add a leveling kit. From what I have heard the bad part is the new TRE's. I have the BDS 6 inch which does not drop the diff the full amount so you cannot add a leveling kit without your angles being horrible. I have also heard a lot of guys going with the RCX kit, but I don't really know anything about that kit. If money is not an issue I would have to say Cognito is the best kit out for our trucks, but the most expensive as well.

9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Also check out CST suspensions.