1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lift questions

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Famousamos, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Famousamos

Famousamos New Member

Hey i have a 08 Silverado ext cab 2x4...i want to get a lift but not sure what company to go with..ive looked at fabtech cst pro comp and others but dont know what to choose. also it im not looking for a super hardcore life. mainly just a city/weekend offroad lift is what im looking for.

if anyone has any feed back id really appreciate it

lol sorry for spelling
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

BDS, Rancho and Skyjacker. All good quality,fit and work well.
  3. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

How tall are you wanting to go and what size tires are you wanting to run? I would recommend BDS or Fabtech if you are looking for 6 inches with 35's.
  4. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!
  5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTruckClub!
  6. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard.
  7. Famousamos

Famousamos New Member

Thats exactly the setup im looking for.. 6 in lift with 35in tires...vie been looking at fabtech but vie gotten a lot of bad customer reviews
    s
  8. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

The nice thing about Fabtech is that it drops your diff the full 6 inches so it gives you nice flat angles, so if you ever wanted to go a couple inches higher you could just add a leveling kit. From what I have heard the bad part is the new TRE's. I have the BDS 6 inch which does not drop the diff the full amount so you cannot add a leveling kit without your angles being horrible. I have also heard a lot of guys going with the RCX kit, but I don't really know anything about that kit. If money is not an issue I would have to say Cognito is the best kit out for our trucks, but the most expensive as well.
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Also check out CST suspensions.