1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

lift spindles

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 1slols1, Nov 23, 2008.

1. 1slols1

1slols1 Rockstar

was looking at getting the rough country 3 inch spindles for my truck, have seen the kit with the blocks and the shocks, but was thinking about going a different route with my shocks, so i am just gonna buy the spindles. my question is do you get stock size shocks?, or do you get shocks for a 3 inch lift?, or since i already have the daystar leveling kit in the front do i get shocks for 5 inches of lift? just trying to figure it all out since everything seems to work with stock springs, so i dont know why you would need longer shocks. please some one give me the right advise so i dont blow out a shock or buy the wrong size. thanks guys!!!!!!
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i believe thats correct!
  3. 1slols1

1slols1 Rockstar

which is correct?
  4. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

opps
    sorry I didnt make that clear
    5inch lift shocks.

:great:
  5. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You want longer shocks to match the suspension. This way you get the proper travel length, best ride and best articulation. Plus, aftermarket shocks are just cool.
  6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

i say go with a 5" lift shock as well. but dont go with rough country ones. they are not very good. I say go Bilstein or rancho