1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

lift the rear

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by drwdominance, Jul 19, 2010.

1. drwdominance

drwdominance Rockstar

I have an 07 Sierra Classic with a leveling kit but when I tow I get the reverse rake look. What is the best way to lift the rear? A 2" block or an add a leaf?
  2. fxracerx

fxracerx Member

I have the same problem so I went with an all around 2in leveling and an add-a-leaf. It has a 2in spacer up front, 2in block and the add a leaf. Its raked like stock but lifted. I think under tow weight it will be level. Some people told me to go with overload springs or do the air bag helper thing. I like the add-a-leaf because its always there no need to add air.
  3. BBodie

BBodie New Member

Go with the air bags for sure. They are reasonable and work great.. You can put any psi up to 100. They work slick you just add air into each valve an it's instantly level..
  4. drwdominance

drwdominance Rockstar

what kind of add a leaf is it? how many inches did it give you?
  5. dkj313

dkj313 New Member

I just sent a Ready Lift back for a refund after reading some threads. I figured I was not looking at the end result, I need spring strenth not lift. I haul alot of dirt and mulch. Better to benifit with the extra spring. After installing the front leveling kit the rear sags.
  6. kburb

kburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

A block will be the cheapest and will not alter your ride, a add-a-leaf will increase the arch in your spring and stiffen up the ride, but not much and depending on the wheel base you may never even fell a difference. Add-a-leafs are good for 1 1/2 to 2 inches of lft and will require you to unbolt the spring pack and insert the extra leaf. Still easy but the blocks are still the easiest thing to do.
  7. dkj313

dkj313 New Member

Just had a sping put in the rear today raised the back up from 39" to 41" front at 39".
    It put the rake back in and put some support back into the bed when I carry junk in the trunk.

Couldn't be happier, no loss of ride comfort. Rides like a truck the way it should.

here is the end result $318.00 better than blocks in my opinion. Good looks plus functional...

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  8. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Monroe shocks makes a helper shock for trucks that have very good reviews. Basically a heavy duty shock with a coilover spring as well.