1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

lift/ tire questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by USMC_tank, Sep 26, 2012.

1. USMC_tank

USMC_tank New Member

if anyone has looked at my profile so far i have a 99 burban and iwas just wondering what size tires can i fit under it with it sitting stock? would 31"-33" fit fine?? if not would it be wise to get like a 3" lift for it or a leveling kit for it and run 33s then?
    this is my first burb im really used to trucks so i dont think that there is much difference between the two but im not sure.
  2. Smitty87

Smitty87 New Member

I had 1990 Silverado, i added a 3 inch body lift so i could fit 33x12.50 on it. I was also running a wide wheel as well.
  3. BoneHead

BoneHead New Member

I had an uncle back in the day that had a new 94 pickup. He ran 31x10.5s with no issues. I think those were the biggest he could run on the stock rim. I've got 265/75s on my 98 'burban. If I remember right, they measured at about a 30 in tall tire. Could have gone a little bigger if I wanted. I've got pics on my profile if you want to take a look. I'll go out and measure them, if I can find the tape.