1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lift/tire questions

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by cooter71, Jul 16, 2012.

1. cooter71

cooter71 New Member

I have a 2-3" rough country lift on my 92 Chevy k1500 and right now I'm running 265/75/16 tires which look alright. But they're just not big enough, rough country recommends a 285/75/16 tire but I know people run those with just a tbar crank and 1" block, there's got to be a bigger option, I was wondering if anybody knows the biggest possible tire that will fit with this lift, I am willing to take off the front valence for clearance, if anyone has some input it would be greatly appreciated, pictures would be even better, thanks!
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Active Member 1000 Posts

33 for sure which is the 285/75 or a 305/70 but maybe 35s could fit taking the black valance off. Probably won't be anything bigger than 35s.
  3. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy New Member

I have heard this as well. we basically have 33s on the truck allredy, its just cheaper to call them 285/75/R16 instead of a 33" all-terrain... by a lot actually.

also! beware of how you lift. I have been looking at a lot of forums and a lot of people have complained that their turning radius, among other things, suffered with a lift.
    If you want to go for that really meaty look... you may just want to get some 15x9 wheels for a better mettal to rubber ratio.... but for driveability, handeling, gas millage, and the safety of having a full size spare. stick close to the present size.

also, with 15x9 rims you can drop your tire pressure to almost 4 psi without popping a bead... which has saved me from getting un-suck a LOT helps in deep snow too, cause the tire footprint gets HUGE
  4. cooter71

cooter71 New Member

Thanks man haha I'm definitely not all about the comfort or steering radius I just want the look, it already rides like crap with that lift, I know the 285/75's are 33's and I'm happy with 33" tall tires they fill out the wheel well's good but I wanna go as wide as I possibly can
  5. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Active Member 1000 Posts

305 is the widest 33" I think