1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

lift, tires, wheels (i know, sorry)

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by GunRock0811, Mar 6, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. GunRock0811

GunRock0811 New Member

I've read pretty far back in this forum and have some of my questions answered, but I need some direct feedback. I have an 05 silverado 4x4 ext cab and am looking at putting a 3inch body lift and 2.5-3inch leveling kit on it. I really want to run 35's but from what I've read on other posts like this it sounds like I'll need more lift. However some guys have said that this worked well for them. Would adding a rear lift block help even things out? Which would look better, 33's or 35's? I'm not into serious off roading, just typical messy 2 rut roads to get to hunting and fishings spots etc. Any help or pics would be greatly appreciated. This is my first time ever doing any type of mod to a vehicle so please set me straight if anything I have typed seems ridiculous. Thanks!

:sign0144:
  2. ippielb

ippielb New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Save the extra hundred bucks a tire and go with 33", there's not that much of a difference. Plus you might not have enough room, so you might as well be safe.
  3. hbfsbull

hbfsbull New Member

Im running a 3" body lift and 3" leveling kit running 35" tires and a little fender trimming up front. I have no clearance problems even in offroad situations. You can put a add a leaf or a bigger block in the back to level the truck . It will depend on the overall hight and width of your tires and also the backspacing of the wheels your running if you will rub or not
  4. GunRock0811

GunRock0811 New Member

Thanks guys, looks like I'll need to do a little more research.
  5. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I agree go with the 33's
  6. GunRock0811

GunRock0811 New Member

I talked to a shop, they told me to put the lift on and bring it in and they would try different size tires. Sounds like a good plan to me. Thanks again for the help.