Lift truck question

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by dyma82, Jan 3, 2009.

1. dyma82

dyma82 New Member

I am planning to install a 2" lift kit on my Silverado 4x4 2007. Since my truck is 4x4 it has CV-Joins on the front drive train. Since the high will change by 2" upward, but the transmission will stay in its original place, do I have to worry about the CV-Joins axles sliding distance?

I mean, after the kit is installed the CV-Joins axle will slide a little more outward (out of the front differential) when the suspension is fully extended. Like for example, if I lift the truck by the chassis with a jack until the front wheels are hanging in mid air...not touching the ground.
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member

What type of lift are you planning on installing, a full suspension lift or just a leveling kit?
  3. Toymyster

Toymyster New Member

2' shouldn't make enough of a difference, if you were lifting it higher, some kits lower the front diff, while you will have to lengthen the axle shafts with others. Usually with lifts of 4" and higher.
  4. CoDaChrome

CoDaChrome New Member

A 2" lift shouldn't change anything as long as its a suspension lift not a body.
  5. dyma82

dyma82 New Member

2" full suspension lift.
  6. dyma82

dyma82 New Member

Isn't a suspension lift the same as a body lift?
  7. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member

A suspension lifts the frame of the truck , which has the body on it of course. A body lift is excaly what it says it lifts only the cab, bed, the body of the truck.
    Is this truck allready leveled ? can you show us a link to the kit you want?
  8. dyma82

dyma82 New Member

My truck is not leveled. It still have the factory rake, and supposedly this kit will keep it that way.

This is the lift kit I have in ind:

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/12030-lift-kit-1500.html
  9. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member

that kit says its a 1 nich lift in rear and 2 in front, so it will be less level but still have rake.
    I dont think you have to worry about extending anything.