1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by hdb0002, May 20, 2010.

1. hdb0002

hdb0002 New Member

Whats the easiest/cheapest way to get 2", maybe 3", of lift on an '04 2500hd without getting a body lift?

2. kburb

kburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

a bodylift will be the cheapest.

3. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

He's right. A body lift is the cheapest way to lift a truck two or three inches.

4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

He said without getting a body lift. The easiest way would be to get new torsion keys and rear lift blocks. New keys will give you 2"-3" and block size depends on what look you want, level or factory rake. Keys can be had from $60 to $230 depending on brand and blocks with U- bolts should be around $100. I chose Pro - Comp torsion keys, I think ypou can get them at stylin' concepts for $219 and I got 3" lift blocks from Fat Bob's Garage for around $100

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.a...200=Lift Kits & Accessories&partfamilyid=5576

http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/60l-v8-fi-c7346.aspx

5. hdb0002

hdb0002 New Member

Sweet, thanks for the links adampaul. I think im def gonna go with the new keys. What are the pros/cons of add-a-leaf vs blocks?

6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Add-a-leaves will stiffen the spring giving a stiffer ride and a little more payload capacity, blocks will just make it sit higher with same ride and capacity.

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  7. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Agreed with adampaul, but I would just go with an add-a-leaf over a block. A block causes more axle wrap and does nothing for your payload or anything. An extra leaf will add payload capacity and help support the stock springs while still giving lift.

8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2 what AdamPaul1964 and Pete95Sierra said.

9. hdb0002

hdb0002 New Member

10. hdb0002

hdb0002 New Member