1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by xtlong, Feb 7, 2011.

1. xtlong

xtlong New Member

Will GM service do a body lift?

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I doubt it. Find a good truck custom shop. You want someone that does them all the time.

3. xtlong

xtlong New Member

Thanx will a lift void the warranty?

4. IPFK83

IPFK83 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I don't know if GM does this but my uncle bought a new jeep and to keep the warranty the dealership had to approve the lift he got and the tire size. Then he took his jeep in when all the parts got there I don't know if they installed or took to a local shop they us but he has 4" lift on his jeep and still has his life time warranty.

5. xtlong

xtlong New Member

thanx for the info

6. racekid91

racekid91 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Nope. We (GM Service Departments) don't service aftermarket add on's. For stuff like that, you'll have to have find somebody to do it for you, or a shop that will do it.

7. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Many stealerships will put them on for you and therefore honor the warranty.

8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

My dealer puts them on new trucks and sells them off the lot or they will sell you the kits and put them on your truck and it will not screw up your warranty

9. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My dealership put my level kit on and they are going to honor my warranty. They are really cool for a dealership and their prices are very fair.

10. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Yeah, I really just think it depends. I've talked to different dealerships about things like this and it always seems to vary. Your best option is to just call the dealership you're thinking about taking your truck to and just ask. Ask if you/they/someone else can install a lift on your truck without compromising any part of the factory warranty.