Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Lift?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by rileyjr16, Oct 16, 2011.

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I am looking to go up with my truck just 2.5-3 inches and run 32s or 33 A/Ts. I don't want to go with a body lift. Should I go with 2.5 keys and lift shackles, lift spindles and lift shackles, quik lift shocks, or just spend the money on a Skyjacker 3 inch lift kit? I want to put 17 inch GMC wheels with Nitto A/Ts or Cooper Discoverers. Its gonna be a while before I can really buy but when the time comes, I want to be ready.

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

If you just want to run 33's you can use a leveling kit and an add-a-leaf in the rear for added height. No need to spend more money on a full lift kit for 33's.

3. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

X2 leveling kit and add-a-leaf if its only 33's

4. rileyjr16

Wouldn't add a leafs add stiffness to my rear end?

5. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

yes it will add a little but it will help with sag in the back if you every have to puit anything in the pan or you could go with big blocks

6. PearlWhiteLTZ

PearlWhiteLTZ Rockstar

I was able to fit 33" BFG AT's in there with no rubbing just by tightening up the torsion keys...Truck looked good and level and wasn't all that stiff. The tires in my opinion added the stiffness to the ride...Didn't need blocks or an add-a-leaf in the rear. Then I got the lift keys and it added another 3/4 of an inch or so of lift to the front..

Turning the screws is a quick fix for a more agressive look.

7. rileyjr16

I have the factory ones turned nearly all the way up. I've been told not to turn them all the way up cuz the ride will suck more.

8. kshephard

kshephard New Member

Leveling kit is all u need.

Focus on that n ur tires if $$ is tight.