Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Lift?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by rileyjr16, May 21, 2012.

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Got a question....

My brother is about to sell his 99 stepside and has a few things he's wanting to take off that will fit my truck.

One thing is lift shackles for the rear. These lifted the truck about 2 inches in the rear that I'm thinking about putting onto my truck. The second thing are 2 inch keys that lifted the truck....2 inches in the front. What do you guys think about lifting a truck that way, shackles and keys?

He also has 285/75/16 Kumho Road Venture A/Ts on Hummer wheels that I may not get (oh well) to put on my truck. So, basically, what do you guys think about that lift set up? I like the height of his truck, not too tall, and not too short and I think mine would look good like that as well as with I think the total of 3 inches with the keys, shackles and tires.

2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

go for it if you can. or dont, i may end up doing something similar to mine. if it looks good in his, i think it would look good on urs.

Alex

3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I may if I can find the old shocks off of my truck, it'll happen. Would like to do blocks though but free is free.

4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Go for it. It seems the price can't be beat.

5. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

im with alox the price seems it cant be beat so i would def go for it.

6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Worst case if you don't like it you can remove it all. Give it a shot. :)