1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lifted 2014 Silverado - Pics Included

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 2011laserblue, Jun 20, 2013.

1. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member ROTM Winner

Figured I would share this..not sure if someone has found before me but it seems as Rocky Ridge already has an "Altitude Edition" for the 2014 Silverado. I believe they use Pro Comp lifts..hard to imagine a company already having lift kits made.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really am not a fan of the square wheel wells...but other than that hats off to GM for building yet another awesome Silverado.
  2. I am not completely in love with the truck as a whole, but I am glad they brought back body lines and it looks aggressive. I do not like the square wheel wells nor the step in the bumper, just looks plain stupid. But as I understand it this truck has the exact same suspension that was on the NNBS/GMT-900 trucks, so the lift kits are not exactly new.

Oh btw what are we going to call this body style? NNNBS (new new new body style) or SNBS (super new body style) :rofl:
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sweet... I know SEMA has a measuring section for it later this month so more Aftermarket Co's can get things made..
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

That's a great looking truck! I'm scheduled to get my hands on a 2014 Silverado to test drive at some point pretty soon, but I don't have a clue when that's going to be. :-(
  5. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member ROTM Winner

My dad actually owns a Chevrolet dealership and the first '14 arrived two days ago. I will get some pictures of it before it sells..a lot of people have been looking at it.

That said I have had the privilege of looking it over and driving it.

ChromeSilver02 the suspension looks very similar to the NNBS...the control arms and everything appear to be identical.

The new 5.3 is very impressive, let me know what you think, Steve. The one thing that stands out to me is how quiet it is inside and outside of the cab. The wheel wells are filled with this carpet type stuff...I'm assuming its purpose is to reduce road noise. I couldn't hardly notice any wind noise driving down the road -- I think the doors being actually "in" the cab had something to do with it. You can't even hear it at idle..inside or outside.

It drove very smooth, and I don't know what they did different with the steering wheel (in terms of feel) but I loved how it felt.

I was expecting a little more out of the interior, however I have not seen an LTZ yet -- the one at the store is only an LT. One thing that was extremely noticeable was room in the back seat (crew cab). I'm looking forward to seeing the new "double cab".

Supposedly the LTZ that we are supposed to be getting is sitting in Detroit right now and will arrive at the shop soon, I hope.

The step in the back is not bad at all in person, and in my opinion is very useful...much more useful than that stupid pole thing in the fords. The wheel wells on the other hand are hideous...I wish they weren't so square. But nonetheless it is still a great looking truck, and I'm excited to see how some of the aftermarket stuff turns out.

I would love to get my hands on one of these and deck it out my own way, but I have way to much invested in 'Ole laser blue :)

And I have no idea what we should call it...
    I'm suppose we could go with NNNBS...haha I like the SNBS.

My vote is just to refer to them as '14's....Maybe we should start a thread and get some votes going? Sort of like ROTM -- get some nominations out there and then all vote!
  6. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I'm still on the fence about the 2014's looks but a lift and some custom wheels certainly help.
  7. barefoot greg

barefoot greg New Member

just saw one in person the other day, local dealership had their first one they were just taking it off the trailer. sharp looking I think. and like said a little bit of lift and some wheels n tires and they look BEAST! the fenders are a definite switch up from their last body style but look more like their previous body styles than the current swept design of the NNBS trucks. Plus once the aftermarket companies start making accessories for these trucks I think they will be pretty sweet looking with some mods. ie Bushwacker Bolt on Pocket style fender flares!! tell me the square fenders wouldn't look awesome then!! ohh n I was on Rough Country's website yesterday and they already have leveling kits for sale for the new '14 trucks.

- - - Updated - - -

ohh and NNNBS for sure, I wanna see this rule go all the way til were at NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNBS lmao
  8. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Or we could start a new trend: NNBS 2.0!
  9. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member ROTM Winner

How about NSBS... new square body style. I'm not certain I like the look... maybe it'll grow on me.
  10. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member

I know when I first saw one of these I hated the way they looked and now the more I look at them, especially this modified version. I am really liking it now.