Lifted 2014 Silverado - Pics Included

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 2011laserblue, Jun 20, 2013.

1. donl

donl Rockstar 100 Posts

Finally seen one in person and not a fan of the raised arches above the wheel wells. Not in the market for a pickup and am done buying new GM anyway.

2. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 Rockstar 100 Posts

I like the way they look compared to the NNBS. I'm waiting to see what the HD's look like before deciding on another 1500 or going 2500 diesel.

3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I just checked Chevy's website. For the crew cab 1500, they offer both a 6ft-6in bed and a 5ft-8in bed.

4. jordand

jordand New Member

2014 silverado

5.3L LT Z71
    2.5" rc suspension lift
    285 60 18 General Grabber AT2
    18X9 xd misfits
    Tinted

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Couldn't see all of your images. But that's a good looking truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

6. zuki82

zuki82 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

that rocks!!!!I like the wheel-wells! Old school! Sweet truck!

7. jordand

jordand New Member

Thank you for the compliments. THought I could supply some information for any interested in the 14's. Currently averaging 17 MPG's- would say i probably do 50/50 traveling on highways and throughout my town. Can do most driving in town and on the highway in "V4 mode", which im sure helps out the gas mileage. Drives/turns very smoothly (lift/new tires take away from the ride a little bit but nothing major). As far as the looks, couldnt really be happier- these trucks look a lot better in person compared to most (stock) pictures ive seen on the internet. My only complaint would be the tires I had put on do not exactly measure out to 33 inches, closer to 32 inches.

Interior is one of trucks best features. Pretty much everything can be controlled through the steerling wheel and on the little screen in between the gauges. The main screen is also very easy to use- can access XM, AM, FM, bluetooth phone connection all on the same screen with the press of one button. White interior lights/dash lighting look sharp.

My brother has a 2012 2500HD ext cab and they are pretty comparable looks-wise. Front ends look very similar as do the wheel-wells, 14 just looks a little sharper and less rounded off. He has a leveling kit in front and nothing in rear with same tires (his are a little closer to 33") and the height of the trucks are pretty much the same. 2500 has a couple more leaf springs giving it about an inch or so more height in the rear and the cab is bigger which gives it about two or three inches in overall height.

8. the phantom

the phantom Well-Known Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

All I can say is if Rocky Ridge is still involved in lifting Silverado's and Installing 35" tires they better start re-gearing the diff's and even possibly upgrading the braking system. This is a no brainer if ya ask me.. I cannot believe they let people lay down 60 grand and do not do this much needed modification for their package..I wont ever buy one again.. And to find out if anything goes wrong with my drivetrain from the Rocky Ridge components that GM doesnt cover it, Rocky Ridge has to. Falsely advertised as Full Factory warranty in my opinion..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013
  9. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Totally false advertised. My father owns a Chevrolet dealership for about a month straight RR called him and wanted him to stock some inventory -- he told them no because of the exact things you just said.

- - - Updated - - -

As the time goes on the new 1/2 tons are starting to come around for me...I like them the more often I see them -- especially when they have some modifications. The new HD's however...another story. From the pictures I've seen it's gonna take a whole lot to change my mind.

Good looking truck! :great:

- - - Updated - - -

Have you seen them? They're hideous IMO.

10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Good looking out on the rr claim they have a full factory warranty.