lifted almost?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by crash_42, Oct 12, 2009.

1. crash_42

crash_42 New Member

Ok i have a rant , here it is sunday and i start off early in the morning to head to my cousins house to lift my truck 3 inches. when i get there which is a hour and half away, i realize my u- bolts are to short, so then i drove another hour to go find longer u bolts which i did and poof there went 80 bucks. plus the stuff which i already bout. i get back to my cousins house and start tearing things apart he has the exact truck as me and almost got 4 inches out of his spindles, so we figured i would for sure get 3 inches out of mine. Well we lift the spindles and i got 2 or 2 and half inhes out of them and they are cranked all the way up.... complete waste of a daty driving across the country for them little inches.. now my truck sitts a little higher than the level stance. and im also running 33's i mean it looks good but i was hoping for the 3 inches so i could go buy 35's.... So does ne one know if i can fit 35's under the front, i know my 33's did rub and now they dont ne more.

2. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It would help if people knew the exact year and style of your truck. By the looks of it your truck is a 2006 silverado 1500 z71, and if i do know correctly you need a 6" lift to fit 35" tires. It also depends on your wheel backspacing.

3. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i've got the same truck as you (basicly). I have 33's on there right now and if i trimmed the front fender up a little, i'm certain i could fit 35's with nothing less than a leveling kit. there's someone else on here who only has a 2 inch leveling kit while running some 35's.

4. crash_42

crash_42 New Member

lol sorry guys , yeah 2006 cheyv 1500 z71... yeah i think i could run 35's but i just bout these tires, now i gotta wait to wear these dynapro mudd terrains out.. i know one thing my truck is one rough riding SOB now. i would ove a 6inch lift, but i dont have the cash for that right now. hopefully next summer i can get some kinda huge lift. like 6 or 12inches..