1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

lifted almost?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by crash_42, Oct 12, 2009.

1. crash_42

crash_42 New Member

Ok i have a rant , here it is sunday and i start off early in the morning to head to my cousins house to lift my truck 3 inches. when i get there which is a hour and half away, i realize my u- bolts are to short, so then i drove another hour to go find longer u bolts which i did and poof there went 80 bucks. plus the stuff which i already bout. i get back to my cousins house and start tearing things apart he has the exact truck as me and almost got 4 inches out of his spindles, so we figured i would for sure get 3 inches out of mine. Well we lift the spindles and i got 2 or 2 and half inhes out of them and they are cranked all the way up.... complete waste of a daty driving across the country for them little inches.. now my truck sitts a little higher than the level stance. and im also running 33's i mean it looks good but i was hoping for the 3 inches so i could go buy 35's.... So does ne one know if i can fit 35's under the front, i know my 33's did rub and now they dont ne more.
  2. ippielb

ippielb Active Member 1000 Posts

It would help if people knew the exact year and style of your truck. By the looks of it your truck is a 2006 silverado 1500 z71, and if i do know correctly you need a 6" lift to fit 35" tires. It also depends on your wheel backspacing.
  3. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy New Member

i've got the same truck as you (basicly). I have 33's on there right now and if i trimmed the front fender up a little, i'm certain i could fit 35's with nothing less than a leveling kit. there's someone else on here who only has a 2 inch leveling kit while running some 35's.
  4. crash_42

crash_42 New Member

lol sorry guys , yeah 2006 cheyv 1500 z71... yeah i think i could run 35's but i just bout these tires, now i gotta wait to wear these dynapro mudd terrains out.. i know one thing my truck is one rough riding SOB now. i would ove a 6inch lift, but i dont have the cash for that right now. hopefully next summer i can get some kinda huge lift. like 6 or 12inches..