Lifted Chevy Truck & SUV Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Kuntryboy, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

phpHamwYgAM.jpg
    All the stats for my truck are below!

2. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

UMMMM !!!! sweet ride you need to come up here to canada and play with us.....:glasses:

3. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey there Dirty Dog, odd to see someone local to me, I'm 45 Minutes outside Regina.

[​IMG]
    Here's a work in progress picture of my truck

4. Dirty Dog

Hey where are you at... lets get together and play in the mud or dirt or something like that, there are some spring mud flings coming up maybe a truck pull or two..... and have you thought about the Gmtc truck meet its in edm... on aug 4th going be fun i figure......Saskatchewan boys and there toys.....
    Hey we deserve them toys,,,,we had to learn how to spell Saskatchewan :rofl:

5. Pikey

Thanks. At about 8-10 mpg I need a topkick to tow the beast that far :) I am about 40 minutes from Ontario.

6. ippielb

down the 33 highway from regina, and north of weyburn. We do have a lot of mud bog's around southern Saskatchewan. I have an 85 Chevrolet Silverado for that, not my 2002. Here's some pictures before i put a 2" lift on it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is the Kronau Mud Bog from 2010, and 2011 there wasn't one because of lack of volunteers, Pilot Butte has one as well, which always has a good turn out, but their pit sucks, they put boulders in it for a base, and one got pushed up and almost ripped my crossmember off of my truck. I mostly enjoy going and playing in the mud with quads, they're a lot easier to get un stuck, and go through 10x more then a truck ever will. I have never even heard about it before.

Also, does your duramax have a tune on it? I have the EFI live program for tuning, i might be able to help you out.

7. Dirty Dog

yeah I hear yeah,,, maybe we could fit two trucks on the flat deck and make a party out of a road trip,,lol,,, and Ontario is full of rocks and trees to scratch and smash up the trucks.... we just got mud over here in sask lmao... what we save in rock damage and buffing compound we spend in cleaning our black gumbo mud off our trucks :rofl: Some day when the world works correctly we will all run our trucks on freelium:glasses:

8. ippielb

I'm not really a fan of rocks, they dent everything up, I've got a lot of work to do on my 85', having a problem with a hiccup when under load driving down the road, and a slight miss at idle. You can find some wicked places close to home, you just have to look for them. And speaking of gumbo, me and some buddies found the nastiest stuff ever today on the quads, 2011 mud pro 700, 2012 mud pro 700, 2005 Arctic Cat 500, and a Arctic Cat 400, none of us made it through without being winched out. You couldn't even walk through it, you took a step and it suctioned your foot down, and you kept sinking. Once you broke through the moss on the surface you were done.

9. Pikey

Dents and scratches add character!!! I prefer no dents, but crap happens. When you sink your truck, sitting on 38.5" tires, down to the body you are bound to get a scratch or 2 when the Caterpillar pulls you out. No big deal thats why they sell rubbing compound and foam pads for your buffer. We go thru alot of PAM cooking spray. When I know it is sticky mud I spray the wheelwells, rims, suspension, and anything else I can get to down with it. The mud does not stick to it. If it does it rinses off really easily at a quarter carwash. I always feel bad for the guy with 33 inch tires that attempts to go thru the pit after I do. They always bottom their frames out and get stuck. :neutral:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  10. Dirty Dog

well dirty dog usually dose the pulling out of the stuck ones lol..... i have a few pics of my muddy off road unit on my profile pages its a 88 toyota frame and body a 600 horses,,Small block 350 and a turbo 350 trans built out with a B&W kit basically a no clutch standard... with a ford 9 rear end have a few sets of tires and gears for it so depends on were i go with it ''
    what we load in for gears and roll it on.... it won't be running any where this year I spent the wad on the top kick, and have more to spend ,, so i will just be mudding with my Ranger (polaris ) this year.....but i will be at the events any way,,, just like the mess WhooooT!!!!!

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

Oh i forgot i have the edge Evolution CTS it has four ?5 tunings eco tow performance 1 performance 2 and the one i have to sign all the wavers for its not unlocked yet,,, need to finish the mods new torque convertor, semi 22.5 wheel and tires, and i have a little left to do to the power plants well.... but i went to the store and had not enough pocket lint to pay as of yet....