1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

lifter noise

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Indyandy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Indyandy

Indyandy Member

2000 K2500 7.4L, 4x4 173k miles

The lifter noise in my truck just wont go away. It usually makes the noise after it has sat for a few hours. When I drive it, it takes 2.3 miles before the noise goes away. I have tried cleaners and lubes, but I think I am going to have to replace. I probably should do all 16, but $20.00 ea is kinda stiff. Let alone the gasket kits. Anyone have a source for better prices? I called Autozone and Advanced locally. Or any other ideas to try?

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would search around online. Check out autoanything.com they may have them. Also, if you have to order from advance, you can always do it online and pick it up in the store. Most the time they have coupon codes for 15-20% off. If I buy anything from them I do it that way. Why go to the store and pay 20% more when you can order online and they have it ready when you get there.

3. Chris Miller

Chris Miller Rockstar 100 Posts

You might just try adjusting the rocker arms a bit. After all those miles, there will be some play and noise, no way around that, but if you tighten them ever-so-slightly, it will mitigate much of it. Just don't overdo it! :D