1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lifting 07 Silverado; Advice

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ktiebs, Jan 17, 2010.

1. ktiebs

ktiebs New Member

I've been lookin into lifting my 2007 Silverado 1500 4x4 Crew cab. 5.3L. I'm not lookign or anything Radical. I def know i do not want to have to Re Gear. I'm looking @ running a 5inch Rough Country on 33's on my stock 20inch rim. I'm trying to keep as close to the stock ride as I can.

Does anyone have any advice on how big to go without having to change differentials. I want to make sure I do it right becasue 3 or 4 years down the road I do not want to see drivetrain going out beacsue of a halfa** installed lift kit.

Does Rough country have a good name behind them? They also make a 7.5" lift for my truck which i could run 35's on my stock 20inch rim, but If i go with 35's i have a feeling my 3.73's will go to crap.

Would anyone recommend another brand name lift kit? or even going with a 4 or just go with the classic 6" lift.
    ANY ADVICE OR EXPERIENCES ANYONE HAS HAD IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

THANKS,
    KEVIN
  2. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Not sure about Rough Country, but you should be good with 3.73's and 33 inch tires. I had 3.73's and went with 35 inch tires and I ended up re-gearing to 4.56.
  3. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 New Member 100 Posts

X2

I also had 3.73 and went to 4.56 with 35's
  4. tattooed4life

tattooed4life New Member 100 Posts

Not sure about the gears and such but I have had 2 Rough Country lifts and have installed a few on some friends trucks. They are a good lift kit for the money-no complaints.