1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Lifting My 2wd Silverado

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by ChevyOwnerAllTheWay, Mar 11, 2013.

1. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

There used to be a kid in a lowered Tacoma that would drive by our 4x4 truck meets wearing "TRD Off-Road 4x4" stickers on the bedsides of his truck, Pissed a lot of guys off.
    I met the kid one day at an auto parts store, the funniest part was his truck was a 4x4 that he'd lowered.

2. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

That is funny :) I still like the idea of the magnetic decals for 4x4 and Z71 on a 2wd that is lifted..... it would mess allot of the people up cause the only way to tell if it really is 4x4 is to get under the truck.

3. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

lol, True. Everyone asks me if it is a 4x4. When I say no. They are so surprised.

4. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

^^^^There I fixed that for you!

Here is what a 2wd Silverado looks on 3.5" Rough Country lift on 265/70/17 (1st pic) but you can run 295/70/17, no rub (2nd & 3rd pic on stock rims)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. ChevyOwnerAllTheWay

ChevyOwnerAllTheWay New Member

I like the 3.5" lift but I want bigger. Possible?

- - - Updated - - -

I showed the picture in the first post

6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

check out rough country's website. They also have a 7.5"

7. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

7.5 inches on a 2wd.... :)

8. Pikey

Yep! I just looked at it. They have a 2.5", 3.5", 4.75" combo body/suspension, 5", and a 7" for the 2008 and on 2wd GM trucks. If it were me I would go with the 7". You don't have to put 35's on it but can if you want to in the future. The only thing that concerns me is that it says it uses a 6.5" anti-wrap block for the rear. That is a huge block. Actually, that size block may be illegal in Michigan, I would have to check the law again, but I seem to remember the limit in block height being 4"

9. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Go big the first time, because as soon you put 4" you'll be saying, damn I should have gone higher :lol:

10. Pikey

Yep! Been there! Done That! Not cheap to switch out lift kits.