1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lifting my truck

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by D-rek07, Dec 11, 2011.

1. D-rek07

D-rek07 New Member

2. kburb

kburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Check out 4wheel parts, you should be able to get a couple of Procomps or Bilstiens for pretty close to that
  3. D-rek07

D-rek07 New Member

4. chevybulldog6

chevybulldog6 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I would say that longer shocks wont hurt but I would trust 4wheel parts before I would trust summit. I have had many dealings with 4wheel parts and they are very helpful. I would suggest calling and asking to speak with a mechanic. They will be able to tell you for sure. You could also just order the spacers and put them on. Your current shocks at most would limit the max travel which would not be a problem unless you are fully drooping the tire. If that is the case then you could order the shocks at a later date.
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

As a general rule any time you lift over 2" you need to replace the shocks.
    With the lift they get over extended when on the long end of the travel.
    When lowering the same rule applies because they start to bottom out.
    4WPW has some decent shocks at good prices, I've got a set on one of my trucks that I've been beating for 7 years and only had 1 failure that they covered no questions asked even though the shock had a dent in the side of the tube.
  6. D-rek07

D-rek07 New Member

So are you guys saying that it is okay to get the spacers without getting the shocks?
  7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

No were saying get new shocks, better off safe than sorry.
    Ever tried to drive a truck with a blown shock or two (or more)? It can be a dangerous handful.
  8. D-rek07

D-rek07 New Member

Ok, what are good ones that are under $50 dollars apiece? I am totally in the dark about this stuff. Thanks for the help.
  9. kburb

kburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

look at the Pro Comps Es3000. Decent shock at a good price, Daystar also makes a shock for about 40 each. If your not offroading then either would work. I think i saw Rancho 5000 for under 50 also.
  10. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

4 Wheel Parts is offering Rancho 5000's for right at $50.