Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Light Bar and bull bar

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Z71 Coltman, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Z71 Coltman

Z71 Coltman Member

So im considerin puttin a light bar and bull bar on my truck. i dont have the money right now, but i just thought i would get some opinions.
    anything is helpful, whether or not you like them, what kind, finish, anything.

thanks

2. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club! My vote would go for the light bar, I prefer trucks like yours when they are running a light bar with the grille completely visible, not concealed. Nice truck, by the way

3. gfitzge33

gfitzge33 Member

i could see you getting a stainless one. i really only like the black ones on black trucks.

4. Z71 Coltman

Z71 Coltman Member

i was thinkin chrome/stainless too. and i havent really thought about havin the grille visible but now that i visualise (glad this aint a spellin test) it, i kinda like just the light bar.

5. Stealth

Do it, and then give us some pics and a write-up and we'll love you forever. :lol:

6. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would go with the black powder coated, much more duarable then the chrome ones in my opinion. I have had two cars pull out in front of me and have given them some good shots and not a chip in the powder coating and not a spot of rust in MN either and its been on for 4 years now

7. Z71 Coltman

Z71 Coltman Member

the powder coating is definately more durable. i just dont use my truck for much work, so i wouldnt really need it.

and if i ever do this, ill definately give yall some pics and a write up on how i did it lol

8. blcdog

blcdog New Member

Hows this? 004.jpg

9. Stealth

That's a Westin bull bar, right?

10. Z71 Coltman

Z71 Coltman Member

thats similir to the one i was lookin at. i would probably have to decide one of the two, couldnt afford both. i was leanin more toward the light bar...