Light Bar and bull bar

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Z71 Coltman, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Z71 Coltman

Z71 Coltman Member

So im considerin puttin a light bar and bull bar on my truck. i dont have the money right now, but i just thought i would get some opinions.
    anything is helpful, whether or not you like them, what kind, finish, anything.

thanks

2. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club! My vote would go for the light bar, I prefer trucks like yours when they are running a light bar with the grille completely visible, not concealed. Nice truck, by the way

3. gfitzge33

gfitzge33 Member

i could see you getting a stainless one. i really only like the black ones on black trucks.

4. Z71 Coltman

Z71 Coltman Member

i was thinkin chrome/stainless too. and i havent really thought about havin the grille visible but now that i visualise (glad this aint a spellin test) it, i kinda like just the light bar.

5. Stealth

Do it, and then give us some pics and a write-up and we'll love you forever. :lol:

6. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would go with the black powder coated, much more duarable then the chrome ones in my opinion. I have had two cars pull out in front of me and have given them some good shots and not a chip in the powder coating and not a spot of rust in MN either and its been on for 4 years now

7. Z71 Coltman

Z71 Coltman Member

the powder coating is definately more durable. i just dont use my truck for much work, so i wouldnt really need it.

and if i ever do this, ill definately give yall some pics and a write up on how i did it lol

8. blcdog

blcdog New Member

Hows this? 004.jpg

9. Stealth

That's a Westin bull bar, right?

10. Z71 Coltman

Z71 Coltman Member

thats similir to the one i was lookin at. i would probably have to decide one of the two, couldnt afford both. i was leanin more toward the light bar...