1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Light Offroading Hep in Washington

Discussion in 'WA - Western Washington Chevy Fans' started by Jeremy09LTZCrew, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I currently live in Kent, WA. I haven't lived up here real long so I don't know the area as well as I'd like to. I'd really like to pack up the kids (5 and 2) and do some easy offroad trails and maybe even find a spot to camp this weekend. I've been looking around at different sites for ideas but I can't find anything with real clear descriptions of trails, directions and photos. I have a friend who lives in phoenix who belongs to a site that has detailed photos and descriptions of every trail in the area, so I've gotten kind of used to that.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea? I don't mind driving a little, but would prefer not to do more than two hours travel time (one way) max. I have a brand new truck so I don't want anything too gnarly that will will significantly damage the body. I have plans to get it lifted and I'll get more adventurous then, but for now just want to hit some dirt trails and hills. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Jeremy

2. Stangdriver

Stangdriver New Member

There are alot of forest service roads to hit, but they are mostly just that, roads. They have some off shoots so you would have to look around. I haven't gone wheeling for awhile so I may not have that accurate of info. But I do go riding so here are a couple of areas. The Naches trail is tough, but you can get around some of the bad areas. http://www.off-road.com/trucks4x4/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=186559 . Stop at the Ranger station in Enumclaw for maps and more info about the trail.
    Also, in Belfair you can find a spot called Tahuya. http://www.dnr.wa.gov/AboutDNR/ManagedLands/Pages/amp_rec_tahuya_state_forest.aspx .
    It's hard to find good spots out here but they are there. You just have to ask and look around.

3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Check out the geocaching site. You can look for 4wheel caches. A great family experience if you have a gps unit. http://www.geocaching.com/

4. D.sluff

D.sluff New Member

I live in Graham, just outside Tacoma and got a 750. My wife has a 600 and we plan on doing quite a bit of riding this coming year.So who lives around here?

5. jedepsub

jedepsub Rockstar

Elbe Trails in Elbe, WA

6. 383man

383man Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

If your looking to "offroad" with a truck or jeep, then as Stangdriver said, Tahuya is awesome I hear, I still havent been but plan on taking the camper and quads this summer, as far as quads go, capital forest in general has a huge trail system, mt adams near whites pass has awesome camping and riding spots with ride in high lakes, and I have a few honey holes around my neck of the woods i don't need everybody blowing up, but if your in the area id let you know lol. good luck