1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Light Stays On?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Soupy1957, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Soupy1957

Soupy1957 New Member

On my dashboard, in the heat and air conditioning controls cluster, there is the typical symbol for air being drawn in from outside, on a button there.

I note that when the truck is on, IT (the button light) is on. Can't I shut that button light off, or is it ALWAYS on?

-Soupy1957
  2. RMC_SS_LDO

RMC_SS_LDO Member

Not sure what year your truck is, but the NBS trucks have 2 buttons- 1 for fresh air and 1 for recirculate. If you select recirc, the fresh air one should go out.

/r

Allen
  3. Soupy1957

Soupy1957 New Member

Yes, Allen.........it does........but otherwise, the "fresh air" light is "on" all the time, regardless of where I set any of the buttons, (except for the afore mentioned change), unless I turn the vehicle off.

-Soupy1957
  4. Badbrad469

Badbrad469 Rockstar 100 Posts

my 2009 impala does the same thing. chevys are known for having a good amount of air coming through the vents with the fan off. so it's just telling u that u have fresh air coming in constantly. can't do anything about it as far as i know.
  5. wis bang

wis bang Rockstar 100 Posts

Both my '05 Silverado and ''06 Impala are the same way.